Family Law Solicitors
Putting you + your family at the heart of the matter
If you’re going through family issues, it can be difficult to know where to turn for advice. That’s why our team of specialist family law solicitors will take the time to fully understand your personal circumstances, helping you to find practical, workable solutions.
Our family law solicitors, based in Bristol, have decades of experience helping individuals and families to deal with a wide range of issues, including divorce and separation, prenuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements, domestic violence and more.
With a focus on practical advice and non-confrontational dispute resolution, we aim to help you find fast, effective solutions to your family legal issues while keeping conflict to a minimum.
Get in touch with our family law solicitors in Bristol
To speak to our specialist family law solicitors in Bristol, contact us on 0117 325 2929 or complete our online enquiry form.
Our family law services
Our aim is to find the right solution for you, whilst minimising both the emotional and financial cost to your family. We offer expert legal advice on a range of family issues, providing a comprehensive service for your whole family.
We can guide you through every step of getting divorced or separating, helping to keep the process amicable wherever possible through methods such as mediation and collaborative law.
Our divorce + separation services include:
- Starting divorce proceedings
- Responding to divorce proceedings
- Agreeing grounds for divorce
- Making a financial settlement
- Making arrangements for children
We can help you reach a financial settlement when getting divorced, ensuring you achieve a fair settlement and financial stability for the future.
Our private finance advice services include:
- Negotiating a financial settlement
- Taking court action to achieve a settlement
- Taking court action to enforce a financial settlement
We take a non-confrontational approach to resolving disputes over children wherever possible, protecting your rights and your children’s best interests while helping you to maintain positive relationships with their other parents and carers.
Our children law services include:
- Making childcare arrangements after divorce or separation
- Residence + contact orders
- Special Guardianship Orders
- Social services + care proceedings
- Support for grandparents and other family carers
- Childcare disputes
We offer experienced support for all of the legal issues surrounding civil partnerships, allowing you to plan for the future, grow your family and deal with any issues if your relationship ends.
Our civil partnerships services include:
- Pre-registration agreements for civil partnerships
- Civil partnership dissolution
- Financial settlements for civil partnership dissolution
- Arrangements for children after civil partnership dissolution
- Adoption + fostering
- Surrogacy, donor conception and fertility treatment
Whether you are getting married or choosing to live with a partner without getting married, we can help you make sure your interests are protected for the future.
Our prenuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements services:
- Creating prenups + cohabitation agreements
- Reviewing + amending prenups + cohabitation agreements
- Ensuring your agreements meet the standard to be considered by a judge
If you or a loved one have been the victim of domestic abuse, whether physical or verbal, we can take immediate action to keep you safe and help you get the support you need.
Our domestic violence services include:
- Non-Molestation Court Orders (preventing your partner threatening you, harassing you or coming near you)
- Occupation Orders (forcing your partner to leave your home)
- Taking action for breach of injunction
- Referring you to appropriate support services
We can help you if your child has been brought to the UK without your permission, you have brought your child to the UK without their other parent’s consent, you want to relocate to another country, or you are worried your child is at risk of abduction by their other parent.
Our international child abduction services include:
- Notifying police
- Ensuring you have parental responsibility for your child
- Applying for a Prohibited Steps Order (PSO) to prevent your child from being taken abroad
- Referring you to the appropriate services if your child has already been taken abroad without your consent
We are specialists in non-confrontational family dispute resolution, sometimes known as alternative dispute resolution. This can allow you to quickly and cost-effectively resolve family disputes without the need for court action.
Our mediation services can help with:
- Divorce + separation
- Financial settlements
- Childcare arrangements
- Child contact disputes
- Disputes over grandparents access to grandchildren
Public law care proceedings
We are highly experienced in public law care proceedings and can advise and represent you to ensure your rights are respected and your child’s best interests are protected.
Our public law care proceedings services include:
- Care Orders
- Supervision Orders
- Representation during care proceedings
Our family law expertise
When it comes to issues relating to your family, we adopt a friendly, sensitive approach, while still offering a swift, professional service. This way, we can help you resolve your legal issue efficiently and effectively with minimal stress.
Every member of our family law team is a member of Resolution, an organisation committed to non-confrontational divorce and separation. Many of us are also accredited mediators and trained collaborative lawyers, and we’re also members of the Law Society Legal Family and Children Legal Panels.
For general information of a wide range family law issues, you can download our family law guides or factsheets.
Fixed fee packages
Our aim is to ensure all our fees are open and transparent. Within our fixed fee information we clearly indicate what is – and what isn’t – included in our fixed fee packages. We also assess all of our clients for Legal Aid.
We offer all clients a free 30-minute consultation with a legal expert in family law, as well as fixed fees on our family law services so you’ll know exactly how much you’ll pay from the start.
Contact our family lawyers in Bristol
To speak to a family law solicitor about your personal circumstances, call us on 0117 325 2929 or complete our online enquiry form