Website Management Policy
This policy covers the websites found at the following URL: www.barcankirby.co.uk
The website contains general information about English law. The information contained on the website is for general information only. The contents of the websites do not constitute legal or other professional advice. Users should seek appropriate legal guidance before coming to any decision or either taking or refraining from taking any legal action. Barcan+Kirby will endeavour to keep the content of the website up-to-date but disclaims all liability for loss and/or damage that may result from their use.
If you have a specific legal question, you should address it to one of our lawyers by contacting the relevant partner identified on this website.
The Head of Marketing and Business Development has responsibility for the management of the website, including:
- Ensuring content is up to date
- Ensuring content does not infringe copyright
- Specifying conditions for download material
- Ensuring any publicity conforms to the SRA Standards & Regulations
- Ensuring compliance with the Equality Act 2010
- Overseeing linking arrangements
- Ensuring posting of any privacy notice explaining how any data collected from visitors will be managed by the firm
The copyright in the content of the website belongs to Barcan+Kirby. Accordingly, Barcan+Kirby reserves all rights. Copying of part or all the contents of the websites without the prior written permission of Barcan+Kirby is prohibited except that:
- You may print or download extracts of the printed text contained on the websites (“the Extracts”) for your own personal, non-commercial use and provided it is not incorporated (or to be incorporated or reproduced, whether in whole or in part) in any other work or publication.
- You may recopy the Extracts to individual third parties for their own private use only if:
- you acknowledge the Barcan+Kirby website as the source of the Extracts
- the titles, credits and URLs are not altered or removed
- You inform the individual third parties that these conditions and the disclaimer above (as attached to this website) apply to the Extracts and that they must comply with them.
- For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation), no part of the websites (or any of its contents) may be distributed, reproduced or otherwise communicated to the public whether in electronic form or hard copy for any commercial purpose.
Links to third-party websites
We provide links to third-party sites and content for your convenience, however, the inclusion of such links does not imply endorsement by us of any content contained on the sites accessible via those links.
Barcan+Kirby is not responsible for the content of such third-party websites and hereby excludes all liability for any loss and/or damage that may be incurred by you as a result of your access and/or use of such content.
Please note that such third-party content may be subject to terms and conditions imposed by the third-party owner of the content.
The contents of these pages are © 1991 – 2023 Barcan+Kirby.
Reproduction of this website or any part of it is prohibited other than in accordance with the above DISCLAIMER AND COPYRIGHT NOTICE.
We recognise the importance of providing a website that is accessible to everyone. This includes people with sight problems, hearing, mobility and cognitive impairments as well as users with dial-up, older browsers or newer technologies such as mobiles and tablets. This statement outlines the accessibility features of this website. If you have any comments or suggestions about any aspect of the accessibility of this site, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Please refer to our Data Protection and Privacy policies.
The Head of Marketing and Business Development has overall responsibility for this policy.
In order to ensure that it remains fit for purpose, this policy will be formally reviewed annually by the Head of Marketing and Business Development.