For our future lawyers
At Barcan+Kirby, our Trainees are an important part of our future. Whether they are training through our Trainee Solicitor Programme or via our Staff Development Programme, we believe that everyone should feel confident and supported in their role, as well as being encouraged to develop professionally. This is why the Barcan+Kirby Training Academy was established.
What is the Training Academy?
The Barcan+Kirby Training Academy was launched in March 2022. It comprises a group of Trainee Solicitors and other Trainees within the firm, and provides an opportunity for these budding lawyers to share information and their experiences during the course of their training.
Through the Academy, Trainees have the opportunity to:
- Build relationships with the management team, the Partnership and each other
- Gain firm-wide exposure beyond their current seat
- Learn business skills to enable them to flourish as future lawyers
- Receive internal and external training, including marketing, business development, finance and compliance
- Showcase their project management, organisational and team work
When can I join the Training Academy?
Trainee Solicitors can join the Academy once they have started their training contract and other Trainees, e.g. Senior Paralegals, will also be invited to attend.
You will remain members of the Academy for the duration of your training with the firm.
If you’re interested in becoming a Solicitor at Barcan+Kirby, we’d love to hear from you. We offer training contracts every year.
Take a look at our current vacancies page or complete this form to get in touch with our Recruitment team.