Why join us?
At Barcan+Kirby we aim to nurture and develop our staff, enabling you to grow your career as you choose.
Our benefits package
We offer all staff a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- A minimum of 25 days’ holiday per year
- Extra holiday allowance after three years’ service or certain promotions, up to a maximum of 33 days
- Holiday purchase scheme available – up to five days (pro-rata for part-time staff)
- Employer pension contribution of 4.5% if you join the scheme
- Death in service benefit – four x salary (if you are a member of the pension scheme)
- Discretionary bonus for exceptional performance
- Access to WeCare, the firm’s Employee Assistance Programme, provided by Canada Life, including access to a 24/7 GP, counselling, second medical opinions and treatment sourcing
- Discounted legal services
- Flexible/agile working
- Flexible day – employees can convert one day’s holiday to hours to allow more flexibility around their annual leave, i.e. the hours can be used for religious holidays, birthdays, volunteer activities or just to leave work early to spend time with family
- Hybrid working – to ensure staff have a positive work/life balance, employees are entitled to request a hybrid working pattern in line with the firm’s policy
- Financial support to cover the cost of courses and qualifications where there is a business need. Loans can also be offered
- Professional subscriptions and membership fees paid if required by the business
- A focus on staff development
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loans
- Fortnightly fruit for all offices
- Annual flu jab vouchers
- Summer and Christmas socials
- Long service awards after ten years and every five years thereafter
- Access to LawCare, an advisory and support service for people working in the legal sector
- Access to the firm’s bespoke Management Training Programme
- Access to LifeWorks, which provides staff with restaurant, retail and gym discounts, and cashback offers
An inclusive place to work
We’re committed to making Barcan+Kirby a positive, stimulating and inclusive place to work. You’ll be actively encouraged to participate in marketing and business development activities, and we provide structured training and development opportunities, such as our Associates Academy for senior fee earners.
Achieving a work-life balance is also important, so you’ll have the chance to get involved in activities outside of your day job – such as fundraising for our designated charity or joining one of our committees.