Benefits of joining us
At Barcan+Kirby we aim to nurture and develop our staff, enabling you to grow your career as you choose.
We offer all staff a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- A minimum of 25 days’ holiday per year
- Extra holiday allowance after 3 years’ service or certain promotions, up to a maximum of 33 days
- Holiday purchase scheme available – up to 5 days (pro-rata for part-time staff)
- Employer pension contribution of 4.5% if you join the scheme
- Death in service benefit – 4 x salary (if you are a member of the pension scheme)
- Discretionary bonus for exceptional performance
- Discounted legal services
- Flexible/agile working
- Financial support to cover the cost of courses and qualifications where there is a business need. Loans can also be offered
- Professional subscriptions and membership fees paid if required by the business
- A focus on staff development
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loans
- Fortnightly fruit for all offices
- Annual flu jab vouchers
- Summer and Christmas socials
- Long service awards – after 10 years and every 5 years thereafter
- Access to LawCare – an advisory and support service for people working in the legal sector
- Access to the firm’s Employee Assistance Programme
We’re committed to making Barcan+Kirby a positive, stimulating and inclusive place to work. You’ll be actively encouraged to participate in marketing and business development activities, and we provide structured training and development opportunities, such as our Associates Academy for senior fee earners.
Achieving a work-life balance is also important, so you’ll have the chance to get involved in activities outside of your day job – such as fundraising for our designated charity or joining a committee.
For opportunities with Barcan+Kirby, take a look at our current vacancies page. Alternatively, if you would like to speak to our HR team, call us on 0117 325 2929 or complete our online enquiry form.