Whether your business is struggling to manage its debt or you’re owed money personally, Barcan+Kirby’s insolvency solicitors provide sensible, practical advice to companies, individuals, and office holders on all aspects of insolvency.
What is insolvency?
Simply put, insolvency is when a business or individual is unable to repay its debts.
Get in touch with our insolvency solicitors in Bristol
Our insolvency expertise
Our lawyers work with a range of clients, from SMEs to individuals, on a number of issues including:
- Advising office holders on claims for breach of statutory duties and misfeasance claims
- Personal insolvency issues
- Bankruptcy petitions
- Claims under the Insolvency Act
- Directors disqualification
- Fraudulent or wrongful trading
- Corporate recovery
- Landords, tenants and LPA receivers
- Advising on pre-pack administrations
- Administration (including pre-packs)
- Administrative receivership
- Company Voluntary Arrangements (CVAs)
- Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVAs)
Our team also have contacts in the insolvency sector, and work with corporate recovery specialists and insolvency practitioners to ensure that you have the advice and guidance that you require.
In addition, we also assist Insolvency Practitioners on their appointment in their capacity as Liquidator or Administrator.
How we can help
Considering or applying for insolvency can be an incredibly stressful time, for all parties. It’s important to seek specialist legal advice as soon as possible to avoid unnecessary delays and to help secure the best possible outcome for you or your business.