HR Support Solicitors
Our experienced employment solicitors can provide your business with HR support services, including contracts of employment, staff policies and procedures, sickness policies and maternity law advice.
As a business, it’s crucial to have access to legal advice on how to maintain best practice in staff rules, procedures and sickness absence.
Whether you have one employee or 250, our HR solicitors provide employers with the support and advice that any business needs. Our HR support service is particularly valuable for businesses without an in-house HR function, however, we can also work alongside your HR team, providing legal support where needed.
HR support services
Our employment lawyers provide professional HR solutions that are tailored to your business needs. We are also able to advise on more general areas of employment law such as TUPE, redundancy, contracts, settlement agreements, as well as disciplinary and grievance procedures.
HR support helpline
The HR support helpline is for your managers or internal HR team to use as and when problems arise, and for general employment law and HR advice over the telephone or via email from our HR Support team.
HR support packages
There are three types of package our HR solicitors can offer you and your business:
- Safety Net: An initial call or face-to-face meeting of up to 30 minutes to discuss your likely requirements and access to the service between 10am and 4.00pm on weekdays.
- Standard: An initial meeting at your office (subject to proximity) or telephone call lasting up to one hour to discuss your likely requirements and as much advice on HR and employment law issues as you need, subject to reasonable and appropriate usage, plus access to the service between 9.00am and 5.00pm on weekdays.
- Platinum: Access to our lawyers for all advice and work expected from a HR manager (not including Payroll and administration, typing, formatting etc.) and up to 10 hours of face-to-face meetings per year, plus as many telephone conferences as you need.
Employment law protection
The abolition of employment tribunal fees in July 2017 makes employers more vulnerable.
Accordingly, the number of employment tribunal claims have increased. As a result, employers are open to more claims, costing thousands of pounds in legal costs. In addition, employees who previously chose not to pursue a claim on the grounds of cost may now look again.
It’s vital to ensure you, as an employer, has instant access to legal support and insurance protection against tribunal claims.
Our Employment Law Protection Scheme provides insurance cover for legal costs and settlement awards in the event of an employment dispute. We can also provide legal advice and due diligence to ensure you’re up to date with the latest legislation and compliant within the law.
Easy-to-use HR software
Through our partnership with Albion Insurance, we can offer software which comprises all the online tools your business needs to effectively manage HR. Essentially, it aims to reduce the time your own employees spend on HR admin.
This software is safe, secure, easy to use, and engaging for employees. It saves time on managing admin tasks such as sickness absence and holiday approval.
The HR software also has the ability to:
- Record working time and calculate wages
- Allocate time and staff expenses to clients/projects/activities
- Store and access your employee data at the touch of a button
- Manage appraisals and motivate employees
- Send a text message or email to your whole team
- Send reminders
- Quickly access key information and gain insight from reports
Contact our HR solicitors
If you’re seeking HR solutions for your business, our specialist HR solicitors are here to help.
Our lawyers work with employers and business owners across the South West from our offices in Bristol and South Gloucestershire. To find out more about our HR support service, call us on 0117 325 2929 or fill out our online enquiry form.