Domestic Abuse Solicitors
Domestic abuse can take many forms, including:
- Physical abuse – punching, hitting, throwing, kicking, etc.
- Emotional/mental abuse – controlling and coercive behaviour, causing you to feel scared, threatening behaviour
- Sexual abuse – being forced to do sexual acts you do not consent to
- Verbal abuse – name calling, shouting, etc.
- Financial abuse – now allowing you to access money
If you’re the victim of domestic abuse, our specialist lawyers can offer you support, empathy and understanding. As well as being immediately available on the phone, we can – where appropriate – help you to obtain emergency protection within 24 hours.
We can apply for a Non-Molestation Order preventing your former partner from using or threatening violence, harassing you and coming near your property. Breach of an injunction is an arrestable offence and the police must be notified immediately if the order is breached.
An order, known as an Occupation Order, can also be obtained from the court. This will ensure that your partner leaves your home and is prevented from living there for a defined period of time. The police can assist if necessary.
Do I have to pay for my legal fees?
We also offer a free 30-minute initial meeting for non-urgent cases.
How we can help
We will do all we can to help, providing support throughout the process so you are safe and protected.