Corporate + Commercial team takes on 25 nursery deals in 12 months
April 2021 to April 2022 might have been our Corporate + Commercial team’s busiest financial year yet, with 25 nursery sales and purchases on the go in the space of 12 months. The deals varied from small ‘pack away’ single sites to nursery groups and businesses with multiple settings.
Our corporate and commercial lawyers have built a reputation over the last couple of years for their expertise in nursery sales and purchases. Their work in this area has continued to grow, despite the challenging backdrop of the pandemic, where many nurseries had to temporarily close and ongoing deals were put on the backburner.
The team’s 25 nursery deals include:
- Advising on the sale of a top private nursery school in East Sussex and a West Country nursery, both to national operator, Storal Learning
- Acting on the sale of Montessori nursery in South West London to N Family Club
- Advising on the sale of a prestigious day nursery in London after 20 years of ownership
- Helping first-time buyers with their purchase of a nursery on the South Coast and another buyer with their purchase of a nursery business in Buckinghamshire
- Acting on the sale of a substantial and top-rated family-run nursery in Woking to a national nursery group
- Guiding the sellers in Just Childcare’s acquisition of three nurseries in Gloucester
These clients came to our Corporate + Commercial team from several referrers and recommendations as a result of the team’s reputation for expert knowledge in this field.
Client feedback from these recent nursery transactions includes:
“You have been so helpful, informative, non-judgemental and genuinely kind throughout this process. I know we couldn’t have chosen a more understanding or knowledgeable person to handle this for us and for that we will always be very grateful.”
“I was extremely nervous about the process of selling and worried I would not understand the legal jargon involved. Natalie and Georgina put my mind at rest and throughout the process guided me on what was happening and the expected outcomes. They were never worried about explaining anything I did not understand and they helped to make the whole process a lot more manageable because I felt they cared and understood my needs.”
““I cannot recommend Georgina Bryant and her team highly enough. Her practice is remarkable. She completed the acquisition swiftly and provided me with an excellent service and experience.”
Need advice on buying or selling a nursery?
Our corporate and commercial solicitors have a wealth of experience acting for the buyers and sellers of nurseries across the UK. The team also advises a variety of business owners on a wide range of areas, from acquiring a business, setting up and running a company, to exiting a business.