Barcan+Kirby’s Employment Law Expertise
You can find out more about Barcan+Kirby’s employment expertise below, but do not hesitate to contact me for further information.
Our employment law solicitors work with employers and employees all over the UK from our six offices in Bristol and South Gloucestershire.
If you’re facing difficulties in the workplace, our specialist employment law solicitors are here to help. We take a practical approach to employment problems and can help you find cost-effective, workable solutions to the difficulties you face. We can advise on:
- Employment contracts, service agreements, consultancy agreements, and terms and conditions of employment
- Grievance and disciplinary issues
- Settlement agreements and severance agreements
- Redundancy advice
- Unfair, wrongful and constructive dismissal
- Discrimination at work including disability discrimination, religious discrimination, sex discrimination, race discrimination and sexual discrimination
- Restrictive covenants and confidentiality clauses
- Transfer of Undertakings (TUPE)
As well as advising you on the above issues, we have extensive experience in representing employees at employment tribunals, appeal tribunals and the higher courts. Find out more here.
Our employment solicitors are able to advise employers and business owners on a range of employment matters, including:
- Contract law
- Maternity and paternity rights
- Redundancy and settlement agreements
- Disciplinary procedures and tribunals
- Equalities legislation and discrimination
- Workplace harassment and constructive dismissal
Many employers are tempted, especially in the early stages of their company’s life, to ‘leave the legal stuff until later’ when it comes to things like employment law. However, the value of getting legal advice early in your employment journey cannot be underestimated; a single unfair dismissal claim can cripple a small or medium-sized business financially, especially if not handled correctly.
Find out more about our employment law advice for employers here.