A Solicitor is a lawyer who advises clients on legal matters, draws up legal documents and represents clients in certain courts. They also more…
Privacy and cookie notice
This notice sets out how we manage, process and store the personal data we gather from you when you visit our website. It explains what sort of data that is, what we use it for and your rights to control the information we hold about you.
Who are we?
Barcan+Kirby is a limited liability partnership incorporated in England and Wales and is a ‘data controller’ under data protection legislation.
What information will we collect from you?
We may collect the following information from you
- Information you provide to us on the website, which may include your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and contact preferences
- Information about your computer, mobile phone or device (which may include your IP address, operating system and browser type)
How will we use your data?
We may use the data we collect to:
- Provide you with information or services you have requested
- Improve the design, performance and usability of our website and services
- Comply with obligations imposed on us by law or regulation
- Update you regarding services, changes to our business, legal information and events (but only where you have given us your consent)
Who will we share your information with?
Your data will be stored by us securely on our servers or at our offices. Some data may be stored on a secure third party server by service providers we use but if it is, we remain the data controller in such circumstances.
If you sign up to one of our email newsletters, your email address will be stored by our email marketing service provider who is based in the United States. We remain the data controller in this situation and the service provider can only process the data in accordance with our instructions.
How long will we keep your information for?
We will retain your data for a period of one year, starting from your last interaction with this website, unless one of the following situations arises:
- We enter into a contract with you (for example you become a client)
- You give us express consent to process your data (for example by signing up to our newsletter)
- We are required by law or regulation to retain your data for a longer period
What rights do you have?
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- Require us to change incorrect or incomplete data
- Require us to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
- You may access and obtain a copy of your data on request
- Object to the processing of your data where we are relying on our legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing
If you would like more information about your rights and how to exercise any of them, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who can you complain to if you are unhappy with what we have done with your data?
If you believe that we have not complied with your data protection rights, you should initially contact DataProtection@barcankirby.co.uk. If your complaint remains unresolved then you can contact the Information Commissioner’s office. Details of the Information Commissioner’s office is available at www.ico.org.uk.