0117 325 2929

Community care law

Our experienced family law team specialise in representing parents and family members of children involved in local authority childcare proceedings.

If social services are involved with your family, it’s important that you seek legal advice immediately.

If you’re a parent and you’re involved in childcare proceedings, you’re entitled to public funding. We can advise you on the process and represent you at meetings with social services. We’ll also represent you at court, if necessary. We strongly recommend that you seek advice before proceedings are started.

The welfare of the child is always of paramount importance in proceedings relating to child protection. Our family lawyers are members of the Law Society Children Panel and are accredited to represent children in care cases when appointed by the court.

We can also represent grandparents and other family members – please contact us to assess your eligibility for public funding.

Further information

Issues concerning child protection require advice from a specialist family law solicitor.

For a discussion with a specialist lawyer about childcare proceedings, call us on 0117 325 2929 or complete our online enquiry form.

Children + public law proceedings

Whilst cases involving children are distressing for the parents, it’s crucial to remember that the priority of the court is always the welfare of the child.

Latest Family law News + Blog

Sign up for our e-newsletter

Enter your email below to join the mailing list