0117 325 2929

Court of Protection Solicitors

Mental incapacity can affect any of us, whether through illness – such as dementia or Alzheimer’s – or serious injury, and we may need some help to manage our finances or welfare.

If someone close to you lacks the mental capacity to manage their own affairs, our Court of Protection solicitors can provide practical help and advice.

In an ideal world, the person affected will have previously made a Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) and appointed an Attorney to manage their affairs on their behalf. But if an LPA doesn’t exist, you’ll need to apply to the Court of Protection to become a Deputy.

What is the Court of Protection?

The Court of Protection safeguards the rights of vulnerable people and has the authority to appoint a Deputy to manage someone else’s affairs when they lack the capability to do so themselves. A Deputy is normally a relative or close friend; however the court can also appoint us as a person’s Deputy.

Our Court of Protection solicitors specialise in:

Our Will and Trust solicitors can also help you plan for the future by establishing a Lasting Power of Attorney, or by helping you register an LPA.

Further information

We’re experts in all matters relating to the Court of Protection. To speak to a member of our team, call 0117 325 2929 or complete our online enquiry form.

Guide to Court of Protection + Deputyship

If someone close to you has lost mental capacity, you can apply to the Court of Protection to become their Deputy.

Latest Court of Protection News + Blog

Sign up for our e-newsletter

Enter your email below to join the mailing list