Reception support assistant
This unique role requires you to be able to assist the facilities manager by providing reception cover to all six of our offices as and when needed. In addition, your role will also include archiving client files mainly based in our Kingwood training suite.
Following training, you will ensure that standard practices are carried out in all offices and provide training to new employees as and when required.
This role requires travel between offices and initially, you will be placed in Thornbury to cover Thursday and Friday on a short-term basis, with the remaining three days being flexible depending on where reception cover is required.
- Provide reception cover to all six offices as and when required.
- Ensure set reception standards/practices are carried out including:
- Greeting all visitors, staff and contractors immediately on entry to the premises
- Informing relevant staff member of visitor arrival
- Ensuring all visitors sign in/out of the visitor’s book
- Ensuring that reception area and waiting area are clean, tidy and presentable at all times
- Ensuring the drinks station is stocked and ready for use
- Requestimg and copying ID from any new clients and scan onto the system
- Providing telephone cover when on reception or during busy periods
- Ensuring all telephone calls are to be answered within three rings
- Ensuring calls are transferred to the relevant staff member, fee earner or secretary
- Taking short messages and emailing the person (and/or) secretary immediately
- Assisting the Facilities Assistant with providing reception cover at our branches at short notice when the need arises due to holiday or sickness
- Knowledge of and adherence to the reception service standards at all times
- Provide support at our warehouse:
- Carrying out filing, retrieval of files, Deeds and Wills, checking files, Deeds and Wills in and out of our system, and delivering files via DX and to our Kingswood office
- Keeping the retrieval and destruction lists to a minimum
- Checking boxes in and out of our system and consolidating stored boxes
- Keeping the warehouse safe, clean and tidy.
- Keeping the training room clean and tidy, and organising the calendar for any training requirements
- Providing support if needed for closing and archiving files
Knowledge + experience
- Experience of working in a busy reception environment
- Experience of regular customer contact – by phone and in person
- Presentable and with a professional approach as first point of contact for clients
- Excellent telephone manner
- Experience and knowledge of the legal sector
- Audio typing experience
- Computer literate with experience of Microsoft Office, which must include Word and Outlook
- Administration NVQ level 2 or 3
Skills + competencies
- Enjoys working as part of a team, helping and supporting others
- Ability to motivate oneself
- Must be accurate with message taking
- Ability to convey information accurately and make self understood
- Can communicate effectively with people at all levels, over the phone and face to face
- Listens carefully to the customer’s situation and needs, asks relevant questions and records correctly
- Shows concern for meeting customer’s stated needs, presents a positive image in personal communication situations, i.e. telephone
- Ability to work calmly and maintain a disciplined approach
- Focuses on detail, needs to be methodical, organised and systematic
- Ability to use own initiative in making sound decisions
Location and salary
- Full-time position, but flexible hours will be considered
- Salary DOE
- Based in all offices, when cover is required
Closing date: Friday 22nd February 2019
Ready to apply for this role? Send us your CV and cover letter using the form below.
Have questions about this role? Drop our HR team an email or call us on 0117 325 2929. To find out more about life at Barcan+Kirby, download our careers guide.
Your career at Barcan+Kirby
Want to join us? Our careers brochure has everything you need to know about working + progressing at our firm.