Private Client Lawyer – Any Office
Our Private Client department is expanding and we are therefore recruiting an experienced Private Client Lawyer. The role can be based at any of our five offices across Bristol and South Gloucestershire.
You will cover Probate, Trusts, estate administration, Wills, tax planning and Lasting Powers of Attorney.
Some of the duties you can expect to carry out include:
- All aspects of private client work including probate, estate administration, Wills, tax planning, LPAs and Trusts.
- Providing technical advice and support within the team.
- Keeping up to date with any changes in the law.
- Providing updated training for all fee earners as and when relevant.
- Training of junior staff in conjunction with the Head of Department and Team Leaders.
- Conducting matters on behalf of clients in an appropriate and efficient manner.
- Giving expert, tailored advice tailored to each client’s needs.
- Some management and supervision of support services including departmental secretaries and paralegals as required.
- Participation in marketing and business development activities whether on a firm-wide, departmental or office basis.
- Financial control, including accurate time recording, collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
- Compliance with CPC requirements.
- Compliance with SAR, SRA Code of Conduct and Lexcel rules and requirements.
- Sharing of knowledge and ideas with colleagues in the department and firm-wide.
The ideal candidate
Our ideal candidate will be a qualified Solicitor with at least one year + PQE or a FCILEx with experience and interest in Wills, LPAs and estate administration.
Ideally, you will have experience in trust work and extensive knowledge of tax. In addition to this, a STEP qualification, or willingness to study for it, would be desirable. Experience in managing a team would be advantageous.
Location and working hours
- Full-time (working hours are 9am – 5.15pm, Monday to Friday).
- You will be based at an office of your choice (Bedminster, Bishopston, Bristol city centre, Kingswood or Thornbury), but with the option to apply for hybrid working upon successful completion of your probation.
- Flexible working available.
Barcan+Kirby is well known in the Bristol legal market both as a provider of excellent legal services for individuals and businesses, and as a progressive firm with an excellent reputation as an employer.
We pride ourselves on promoting the work/life balance of employees and promoting positive wellbeing and mental health is incredibly important to us. We were advocates for flexible working long before the Covid-19 pandemic, and we are fully supportive of hybrid working.
Our core values drive our culture and are at the heart of everything we do, and we are far from being a stuffy, rigid law firm.
How to apply
Ready to apply for this role? Send us your CV and cover letter using the form below. Got a question? Email our recruitment team.