Website management policy
This policy covers the following websites:
This website contains general information about English and European Union law. Barcan+Kirby is a partnership regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. The Authority’s rules can be accessed here.
The information contained on this website is for general information only. The contents of this website do not constitute legal or other professional advice. Users should seek appropriate legal guidance before coming to any decision or either taking or refraining from taking any legal action. Barcan+Kirby will endeavour to keep the content of this website up-to-date but disclaims all liability for loss and/or damage that may result from its use.
If you have a specific legal question, you should address it to one of our lawyers by contacting the relevant partner identified on this website.
Links to third party sites
We provide links to third party sites and content for your convenience, however the inclusion of such links does not imply endorsement by us. Barcan+Kirby is not responsible for the content of such third party websites and hereby excludes all liability for any loss and/or damage that may be incurred by you as a result of your access and/or use of such content.
Please note that such third party content may be subject to terms and conditions imposed by the third party owner of the content.
Marketing Manager, Samantha Furley, has responsibility for the management of the website including:
- ensuring content is up to date
- ensuring content does not infringe copyright
- specifying conditions for download materials
- ensuring any publicity conforms to the Solicitors Code of Conduct 2011
- ensuring compliance with the Equality and the Disability Act 2010
- overseeing linking arrangements
- ensuring posting of any privacy notice explaining how any data collected from visitors will be managed by the firm
The copyright in the contents of this website belongs to Barcan+Kirby. Accordingly, Barcan+Kirby reserves all rights. Copying of part or all the contents of this website without the prior written permission of Barcan+Kirby is prohibited except that:
- you may print or download extracts of the printed text contained on this website (“the Extracts”) for your own personal, non-commercial use and provided it is not incorporated (or to be incorporated or reproduced, whether in whole or in part) in any other work or publication;
- you may recopy the Extracts to individual third parties for their own private use only but only if: (a) you acknowledge the Barcan Woodward website as the source of the Extracts;(b) the titles, credits and URLs are not altered or removed;(c) you inform the individual third parties that these conditions and the disclaimer above (as attached to this website) apply to the Extracts and that they must comply with them.
For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation), no part of this website (or any of its contents) may be distributed, reproduced or otherwise communicated to the public whether in electronic form or hard copy for any commercial purpose.
Barcan+Kirby is not authorised under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 but may, in certain circumstances offer a limited range of investment services to clients, as the firm is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority of England and Wales. Such investment services may only be provided if they arise out of, or are an incidental part of the professional legal services we have been engaged to provide.
The firm acts as a legal adviser only, and giving advice on the merits of investment transactions is not part of our role. All investment decisions are to be made solely by the client and no communication by the firm shall be taken as an invitation to treat or inducement to our clients to engage in investment activity.
The contents of these pages are © 1991 – 2014 Barcan+Kirby.
Reproduction of this website or any part of it is prohibited other than in accordance with the above DISCLAIMER AND COPYRIGHT NOTICE.
We recognise the importance of providing a website that is accessible to everyone. This includes people with sight problems, hearing, mobility and cognitive impairments as well as users with dial-up, older browsers or newer technologies such as mobiles and PDAs. This statement outlines the accessibility features of this website. If you have any comments or suggestions about any aspect of the accessibility of this site, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Equality & Diversity
We are committed to eliminating unlawful discrimination and promoting equality and diversity in our policies, practices and procedures and in those areas in which we have influence.
For full details please see our Equality & Diversity Policy.